Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hello Due Date

Today is June 5, which is my due date. Unfortunately, there is no baby to show for it! We will induce tomorrow morning. I'm supposed to call Labor and Delivery at 6:30 AM and they will tell me to come in. I have been going back and forth as to whether or not I want to be induced or just wait until maybe Thursday and schedule the induction if he hasn't come by then. My thoughts on the induction:
Pros: If I wait another few days, the baby is going to get bigger and could possibly end up being more difficult to push out. I don't want to have a C-section. The baby was already 8 pounds at LAST week's appointment!
Cons: I don't want to have bag after bag of pitocin like I had with Karmella. It took so long with her (19 hours) and I don't want a repeat of that, which is what I fear if Cruz is not ready.

I think I'm leaning toward going ahead with it tomorrow morning. I was induced at early 39 weeks with Karmella and with Cruz I will be early 40 weeks, so I'm thinking maybe that extra week will help.

Cruz, we can't wait to meet you! We are excited to have a new little addition to our family! I want to hold him and give him of loves! The next time I post will probably be our labor and delivery story!

No comments:

Post a Comment